In-Home Care: The Alternative To Nursing Homes
Getting used to a new and unfamiliar environment is difficult. Coupled with the disruption to routines and lifestyle, moving into a nursing home can cause significant amounts of stress, and not just to the individual – it impacts the entire family.
With our in-home care services, any disruption and upheaval are kept to an absolute minimum. Rather than change what you or your loved one are used to, we tailor our care plan to fit completely around you, your routines and your needs.
We understand that acknowledging and admitting care is needed can be difficult, and many believe the only option is a nursing home or residential care home. But there is a real alternative: care in your home from a fully trained caregiver from an in-home agency that provides award-winning in-home care services.
At In Home Personal Services, we focus on listening and getting to know you so we can tailor care to your individual needs. We provide a full range of in-home care services, from the round-the-clock support of live-in care through respite care when you need it most no matter the time of day or night.
There are many benefits for choosing In Home Personal Services. Choosing in-home care instead of a residential nursing home means you can:
- Stay in the environment you’re most familiar with (your home), around the people and things you know and love the most
- Have personalized one-on-one support, completely centered around you
- Keep the same daily rituals and routines, such as the same meals, eating times, and family or friends dropping by
- Concentrate on the things you love doing, whether that’s watching your favorite TV shows, painting, reading, or gardening – your caregiver is there to support you or loved one as little or as much as needed
- Be worry free as your caregiver will keep you on schedule, give you medical reminders, and be your support person taking care of errands
Difference Staying At Home Vs. Staying At Nursing Home
- In a nursing home, you are one of many. Staff rotation is heavy, which makes it challenging for residents to benefit from personal attention and build that necessary rapport with a caregiver.
- With in-home care, you get one-to-one personal attention. You get the support you need but also maintain a sense of independence in the comfort of your own home.
Preventive Senior Home Care
Mom didn’t take her medicine properly, and as a result, she’s back in the hospital.
Dad had a bad fall while trying to reach the cupboard above the stove.
Were these things avoidable or inevitable? Scenarios like these can be prevented with diligent planning and care. Don’t wait until you or your loved one has an incident to get help. We do understand that accidents and health issues aren’t always preventable. But many are. In some cases, the outcome is worse without preventive care–such as a senior falling and needing hip surgery due to a lack of help at home. Sometimes preventive care means eating better, finding ways to exercise, or staying mentally sharp.
Again don’t wait for something to happen to inquire about our services. In Home Personal Services wants to be there from the start to prevent injuries from happening. You can certainly build a great relationship with one of our caregivers to lower risk of fall and feel an extra sense of safety in your home before something happens. Senior care doesn’t need to start with an incident. Even it’s minimal, you should take action today and you will lessen the chance of a serious result down the road.
Avoiding a fall by having someone help out at home could save you thousands of dollars in medical bills and prescriptions, especially if you don’t have insurance. Regular medical care can also run up a much higher tab than intermittent non-medical care. Contact us to learn how our services can help keep you or your loved one safe by filling out the form below or call us at 877.426.4477.